Monday, February 5, 2007

With time comes knowledge

This has to be one of the best KALs for a girl like me! I am forced to sit and work on this burgandy sweater that I've been bypassing for years. It needed very little finishing but I ran out of yarn as I neared the end and got so frustrated that I put it down. I was fairly new to knitting when I started it so I didn't know all the possible ways to complete it successfully. Now I know how to work the sleeves from the top down and can shape and complete them as the yarn runs out. The good news is that the sleeves on the pattern were big and bulkier than I'd like to this really is the best way for me to get the overall shape that I like.

How many of you are like me and find that you spend more than the "required amount of time" on your UFO? Was that part of the overall evil plan launched by the KAL author? Hmmm......

2 comments:

Rocketbride said...

i always find that the longer it takes me to do something, the more improvements i can puzzle out. so, yes, evil plan indeed!

Marjorie said...

One reason it takes me so long to finish a UFO is that I stopped it because I ran into a problem. So I have to figure out what the problem was and solve it, but I also have to go back to see what I did before. And I'm always amazed at the shoddiness of my notes.