Monday, February 19, 2007

The Hard Part Is Over

It took two weekend days to complete the buttonbands, which were the obstacle to finishing this sweater. I did the buttonband on Superbowl Sunday, and the buttonhole band yesterday. It took about five tries to get the ribbing so it would match on both sides. And I never made one-row buttonholes before. There is a wonderful video showing how to do it (and many other techniques) on knittinghelp.com (the buttonholes are one of the advanced techniques). I usually don't knit near my computer, but this time I took the partially-finished sweater to my loft-office, watched the video and knitted along to it.




Now it is smooth sailing. I'm sure I'll finish the neck ribbing tonight (who can ask for better knitting TV than "24"!). And I've never minded sewing seams together. So I hope to have this modeled before the end of the week.

This is the major project I hoped to complete in this KAL, and I'm on track to do it.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

Congratulations, keep up the good work. I look forward to seeing it being modelled.

www.2hot2knit.blogspot.com