Sunday, February 4, 2007

My Very First KAL!

While cleaning out my stash in January, I found so many UFOs, it was frightening. Surprisingly, they just got tossed right back on top of the stash, unfinished. This KAL was just the kick in the pants that I needed. When I first joined February is for Finishing, all of these projects were at various stages:
  • blue sky alpacas bulky scarf
  • sue's Christmas socks
  • baby kimono from Mason Dixon Knitting
  • two wool vests (in acrylic) from Erica Knight's Simple Knits for Cherished Babies
  • amigurumi bunny
  • baby booties
  • sable sweater
  • ribbed jacket (baby sweater)
In the days before my first post, I have managed to finish the blue sky alpacas bulky scarf, which was easy as all I had to do was weave in the ends. Wearing it now, I can't believe I put off finishing it for so long.

Then, some time during a six hour Gilmore Girl (season 6) marathon on Tuesday, I finished the baby booties. I even ran out to get the buttons on Thursday and sewed them on that night (during a second, although shorter, Gilmore Girls marathon). I guess this makes them my first official finished project for this KAL!

Two down, six to go.

No comments: