Saturday, January 27, 2007

Get This off my Back!


I started this over a year ago, and got bored because it was a little too simple (and boring) to keep me entertained when other, more interesting projects came along. It is for my 5 year old daughter, so I can't procrastinate forever or I will have to find a smaller child to give it to.


I have finally responded to the nagging voices in my head to finish it, and two days ago, I finished knitting the pieces. Now I just have to sew it together and do the neckline and zipper.
Thanks for the Knit along, because it may have sat around for another year to finish, but now that I've shown everyone, I have my pride at stake!
More finished and unfinished knits at my blog, Yarn Paper Scissors.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Thanks for your encouragement. It is truly excellent that you are returning to your daughter's sweater.

I inherited my mother's yarn and fabric collection when she died, and I discovered yarn she bought for my baby sweaters (which should have been knitted in 1947!). The yarn still has the price attached--17 cents! I'm terrified that the tendency to accumulate UFOs is hereditary.

Luckily not too much inertia set in when I knitted for my son, who is now nearly done with college. Most of his baby and childhood sweaters actually did get completed.