Sunday, February 24, 2008

Finishing Up


Unlike last year, I didn't have too many UFOs left, although there are several WIPs that need attention. My major objective was to fulfill a promise for a Christmas gift. I ran out of time, and just left the recipient with a promise. My intent was to make a pair of Norwegian gloves from Heilo in my stash, but I was not getting gauge. As the time passed, I thought I might substitute a pair of socks, but my stash yarn wasn't looking good after swatching. I still wasn't getting gauge. Ordinarily, this doesn't bother me too much, but I didn't have time to fiddle with the pattern to make it work.

So, instead, I embarked on a simpler pair of mittens, made from Knit Picks Elegance.

I completed the thumb gusset on one last night, and I'm sure to have these done by Friday.

For more details, check my blog: primetimeknitter.typepad.com

No comments: